[pve-devel] Speed up PVE Backup

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Tue Jul 26 10:04:31 CEST 2016

>>I think qmrestore isn't issuing any flush request (until maybe the end),
Need to be checked! (but if I think we open restore block storage with writeback, so I hope we send flush)

>>so for ceph storage backend we should set
>>rbd_cache_writethrough_until_flush=false for better performance.

I think it's possible to pass theses flag in qemu block driver option, when opening the rbd storage

http://docs.ceph.com/docs/hammer/rbd/qemu-rbd/

qemu-img {command} [options] rbd:{pool-name}/{image-name}[@snapshot-name][:option1=value1][:option2=value2...]

for qemu-img or with qemu drive option, I think it's possible to send as option, ":rbd_cache_writethrough_until_flush=false"

But if missing flush if really the problem, it should be added to restore command directly. (maybe 1 flush each 4MB for example)