[pve-devel] ZFS-over-NFS

Dmitry Petuhov mityapetuhov at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 21:07:05 CEST 2016

Why not use qcow2 format over generic NFS? It will give you shapshot-rollback
features and I don't think that with much worse speed than these features on ZFS level.

But on my experience, NFS storage for VMs is bad idea: it causes huge latencies under
load, leading to chashes. If you want ZFS-based shared storage, then ZFS over iSCSI
is your choice.