[pve-devel] Suggest VirtIO drivers as default when creating a Linux VM

Waschbüsch IT-Services GmbH service at waschbuesch.it
Tue Jul 19 13:58:56 CEST 2016

> Am 19.07.2016 um 13:00 schrieb Emmanuel Kasper <e.kasper at proxmox.com>:
>
> Hi
>
> This patch series adds capabilities to store Qemu Wizard Defaults, and
> use these capabilities
> to set virtio by default for Linux machines.

Sounds like a really good idea. But why not go a step further and allow to create presets to manage often used but widely different sets of settings?
E.g. I could add a preset for HA-managed VMs with storage on ceph while another preset could use local storage and virtio.
You could even tie those in with the resource pools, etc.

Martin