[pve-devel] Fwd: Re: [Qemu-stable] [ANNOUNCE] QEMU 2.6.1 Stable released

Stefan Priebe - Profihost AG s.priebe at profihost.ag
Thu Aug 25 08:41:54 CEST 2016

jsut in case somebody missed this. It seems live migration is broken in
2.6.1 stable.

See below.

Stefan

Betreff: Re: [Qemu-stable] [ANNOUNCE] QEMU 2.6.1 Stable released
Datum: Thu, 25 Aug 2016 08:38:13 +0200
Von: Peter Lieven <pl at kamp.de>
An: Michael Roth <mdroth at linux.vnet.ibm.com>, qemu-devel at nongnu.org
Kopie (CC): qemu-stable at nongnu.org

Am 17.08.2016 um 21:30 schrieb Michael Roth:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I am pleased to announce that the QEMU v2.6.1 stable release is now
> available:
>
>    http://wiki.qemu.org/download/qemu-2.6.1.tar.bz2
>
> v2.6.1 is now tagged in the official qemu.git repository,
> and the stable-2.6 branch has been updated accordingly:
>
>    http://git.qemu.org/?p=qemu.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/stable-2.6
>
> This is a fairly large update that addresses a broad range of bugs
> and security issues. Users should upgrade accordingly.
>
> Thank you to everyone involved!

Hi Michael,

thanks for putting this together. Unfortunately, I was on holiday during
the patch round up for 2.6.1

I additionally have the following 5 patches in case you want or need to
release a 2.6.1.1 or 2.6.2:

bd9f480 ui: fix refresh of VNC server surface
7c509d1 virtio: decrement vq->inuse in virtqueue_discard()
700f26b virtio: recalculate vq->inuse after migration
4c23084 net: limit allocation in nc_sendv_compat
bf97c17 iscsi: pass SCSI status back for SG_IO

The virtio thing is important because live migration is broken without
the fix as  86cc089 is in 2.6.1.

Thanks,
Peter