[pve-devel] RFC: revert starting daemons via systemctl

Dietmar Maurer dietmar at proxmox.com
Tue Apr 26 16:10:19 CEST 2016

> I tracked that to the commit a526ab1cfc6adda11dd4830501b1eb8a14b2bf6d
> which to my understanding was done so that starting a daemon from the
> command line and via systemctl would affect the system in the same way.
> Although a nice aim, it is not the behaviour of most unix daemons.
>
> sshd, apache and nginx for instance do go in the background after
> being starting from command line, but do not use the init system.

well, systemd is quite new, and projects like sshd and apache
are quite old...

systemd has many useful features for daemons, and you can only
use those features if you start via systemd. In future, I expect more
daemons behave the way I implemented.

Isn't there another way to pass that --debug flag?