[pve-devel] qemu : systemd cgroup scope already exist bug

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Thu Apr 21 03:17:47 CEST 2016

Hi,

I have seen some users on the forum having a bug with systemd scope bug.
https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/qm-start-failed-to-create-message-input-output-error.25903/
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.pve.user/5301

I have hit this bug sometimes too.

after a vm shutdown , the scope is still see has running by systemd.

And when you try to start the vm, you can't because systemd-run will say that the scope already exist.

In this case, we need to run "systemctl stop vmid.scope".

I have seen exactly same bug report on docker with no fix.
https://github.com/docker/docker/issues/7015

They workaround is to call systemctl stop vmid.scope, before launching systemd-run.

Maybe could be do the same ?