[pve-devel] Backport of Debian Strech tar 1.28 in the pve archive

Emmanuel Kasper e.kasper at proxmox.com
Mon Apr 18 16:38:46 CEST 2016

> The problem seems to be with dpkg-deb and was fixed it upstream at:
> https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/dpkg/dpkg.git/commit/?id=fcfe4f3aa2f3cb7f8179d4f2fe6dd65e75f7bbdf
>
> So the back port of tar will also need dpkg fix(es) and is problematic.

The problem is the hard coded position of the tar option in
--no-recursion of dpkg-deb

In that case I don't think it makes sense to create our own version of
dpkg-deb, so instead of a tar backport, I propose to apply the fix for
the ACL problem to tar 1.27, If I remember the patch applies cleanly.

In the meantime if you have installed the backported tar 1.28, I
recommand to revert to tar 1.27 with

apt install tar=1.27.1-2+b1

I don't see this package in pvetest so it should not be needed except if
you built the package yourself.