[pve-devel] [Feature request] add disk for lxc from the API and WebUI

lyt_yudi lyt_yudi at icloud.com
Fri Nov 13 06:10:48 CET 2015

> 在 2015年11月12日,下午11:30,lyt_yudi <lyt_yudi at icloud.com> 写道:
>
> thanks,
>
> I want to direct use the block device, not use mount a disk  to  the directory inside the container
>
> the resize feature isn’t so important for me, because here to use the whole disk .

hi, this feature isn’t planned? and isn’t  support too in future ?

in this post:
add device option for lxc.
http://askubuntu.com/questions/528161/how-to-make-a-hdd-device-file-dev-sdxy-available-in-lxc-container <http://askubuntu.com/questions/528161/how-to-make-a-hdd-device-file-dev-sdxy-available-in-lxc-container>

If you really need access to your device, you can make it available in your container:

$ grep devices /var/lib/lxc/ubuntu-trusty-amd64/config
lxc.cgroup.devices.allow = b 8:1 rwm
This will make /dev/sda1 available in your container (8:1 is the block device major:minor).

so, I think, the pve-lxc is only support:  shared directory option
and no support: device option
if like the KVM, can add the whole block disk for the vm, it’s a pretty good feature.

Thanks.