[pve-devel] qemu 4.4 : rbd : snapshot memory, savevm is hanging

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Sun Nov 8 11:54:15 CET 2015

> it's since qemu 2.3, we need to specify format=raw, we are already doing it
> for -drive , I'm not sure with vmstate open.
>

>>Oh, I though the PVE::Storage already fixed that ...
Currently we use PVE::QemuServer::qemu_img_format, to generate the format=raw string in
differente place (-drive , mirror,...)

> savevm-async: savevm inerate pending size 389120 ret 95

>>sigh, we should really correct those spelling errors.

it's only debug message (DPRINTF) when debug is enabled manually.
(But it could be great to be able to display them in snapshot log)

>> savevm-async: done iterating
>> -> block here
>
>Do you use iothreads?

No.

Seem that It's blocking in store_and_stop()

+            DPRINTF("done iterating\n");
+            if (store_and_stop())
+                break;
+            DPRINTF("savevm inerate finished\n");

+static int store_and_stop(void) {
+    if (global_state_store()) {
+        save_snapshot_error("Error saving global state");
+        return 1;
+    }
+    if (runstate_is_running()) {    >> maybe hang here
+        vm_stop(RUN_STATE_SAVE_VM);
+    }
+    return 0;
+}