[pve-devel] External noVNC connection

Rick proxmox at rwolthuis.nl
Sat May 30 13:32:42 CEST 2015

Currently i'm still trying to connect to the VNC server through noVNC
(HTML5 websocket client).

I'm using the following API commands to try to achieve this;

1) /nodes/{node}/qemu/{vmid}/vncproxy
    which gives me a valid ticket, a proxy port and some other variables.

2) /nodes/{node}/qemu/{vmid}/vncwebsocket
    which i use as 'path' in the noVNC HTML5 client.

The above combination works as expected when i'm logged in into the
proxmox web-panel in another tab on my browser.
However, as soon as I logout from the web-panel, the connection fails
and gives me the following error;
    failed: HTTP Authentication failed; no valid credentials available

The point is, I want this to work without loggin in into the proxmox
web-panel. Apparently, sending the ticket and the other variables I
received from the vncproxy command, isn't enough to authorize me.

Can anybody please help me or explain me how to achieve my goal?

Thanks in advance!