[pve-devel] Default cache mode for VM hard drives

Stanislav German-Evtushenko ginermail at gmail.com
Thu May 28 18:28:09 CEST 2015

On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 7:19 PM, Dietmar Maurer <dietmar at proxmox.com> wrote:
>> Each kvm process have multiple threads and the number of them is
>> changing in time.
>
> AFAIK all disk IO is done by a single, dedicated thread.

I tried to read qemu-kvm code but it is difficult for me as I have
never written C code. Whatever way it works we have the issue "buffer
changes while writing". If anybody can understand and explain why it
changes and may be even suggest a way to fix would be great. Meanwhile
if somebody implemented the "default cache" option for a storage
object it would help a lot for end-users like me.