[pve-devel] Grub problems and ZFS

Emmanuel Kasper e.kasper at proxmox.com
Wed May 27 11:27:52 CEST 2015

On 05/23/2015 09:19 AM, Dietmar Maurer wrote:
>> As a side note os-prober is completely useless on a bare-metal
>> installer and I think installing proxmox on top of Debian should remove
>> this package too?
>
> I remove those 'recommend' line from our grub packages, but someone needs to
> report that to the debian maintainers.

I raised today the topic on the debian-boot mailing list.

In the meantime, we could avoid calling os-prober from grub by adding
GRUB_DISABLE_OS_PROBER=true in /etc/default/grub

as os-prober makes no sense in server environments [1]

IMHO this way of bypassing os-prober is cleaner than adding a 'Conflict'
in our zfs-grub package, since it minimizes the packages conflicts when
adding our proxmox repo on top of debian's.

[1] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=701814#10

Should I prepare a patch ?