[pve-devel] criu for lxc news on criu.org

Kamil Trzciński ayufan at ayufan.eu
Sun Mar 29 20:05:32 CEST 2015

I would like to see Docker integration in PVE, but me too don't really see
it how it should work. There are plenty of other projects that are better.
Maybe it would be good to evaluate whether Docker can be used for full
system containerization (if I remember correctly they allow mounting /),
but once again I don't really see it.

For me what makes more sense is to have kvm image store that would make the
new machine easy deploy: different versions of Ubuntu? the similar how it
works for DigitalOcean. All cloud providers have such integration.

On Sun, Mar 29, 2015 at 7:54 PM, Dietmar Maurer <dietmar at proxmox.com> wrote:

> > I'm just saying that in the same way OpenVZ is great, it would be equally
> > great to have similar functionality in PVE around Docker that has been
> > available for OpenVZ.
>
> A docker container is very limited (compared to OpenVZ), and it simply
> makes
> no sense to add a GUI for starting/stopping simple docker containers.
> Instead,
> you
> need a way to compose different docker containers (see 'fig' as example).
>
> So you need a whole bunch of other tools, and that is provided by 'coreos'
> or
> 'redhat atomic'. Those OS are meant to be installed as VMs, and provides
> the
> tool
> you need to run docker containers.

Kamil Trzciński