[pve-devel] vhost-user & snabbswitch

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Thu Mar 12 13:57:34 CET 2015

Hi,

anybody interested by vhost-user && snabbswitch integration for proxmox 4.0 ?

http://snabb.co/

It's an userland switch (no tap devices, no linux bridges/ovs), which announce
same performance than srv-io passthrough. ( 200 Gbps on a single core!)

I'm looking for this, because next year I'll have need for big videos bandwidth virtual machines.

snabbswitch will be integrated in openstack, so it'll be supported on the long time.

All features like like vlans,firewall,vpn are implement in snabbswitch with lua language.

(firewall seem interesting (but currentle pretty simple), because we can have 1conntrack by vm.