[pve-devel] Host freeze exaclty after 00:00h

Detlef Bracker bracker at 1awww.com
Thu Mar 5 07:55:53 CET 2015

Dear,

I will inform, can been a problem in proxmox, the host freeze from
00:00h (why exactly at 00:00h) until reboot with this problems on host:

htop - blank page and q or CTRL+C withour resolution - I must connect
via new ssh windoww
ps -ef - stops in the list and hangs + CTRL-C without resolution - I
must connect via new ssh windoww
atop - blank page and q or CTRL+C without resolution - I must connect
via new ssh windoww
df - hangs and + CTRL+C withour resolution - I must connect via new ssh
windoww

Proxmox-Statistics after 00:00 h - without graphs

Containers all in grey in the GUI without Hostname in the list

ok, I start then a shutdown - script for all running containers

one container need longer time - and was killing automaticly
then much containers down normal
one container with 100 % in GUI hangs and shutdown and not shutdown/stop
possible (not from GUI/not from console) - only with hard method

rm /vz/lock/104.lck
vzctl chkpnt 104 --kill

all other after this container then shutdown normal
Load-AVG absolute hight but no containers runs / and no VMs

reboot of Host - signals, but not shutdown

ps -ef hangs, but now shows me much prozesses from old day
(Host-Prozesses) - posible frozen - I must connect via new ssh windoww

reboot -d -n -f

then reboot the host and after restarting the host, all runs fine, but
now I search the problem!