[pve-devel] Network configuration

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Wed Jul 22 19:38:52 CEST 2015

>>IMHO ovs is superior for two reasons:
>>1) vlans are linked to ports and not to bridges
>>2) it more closely resembles the physical world which means simpler to
>>grasp

since kernel 3.10, it's possible to tag vlan by port on linux bridge too.
I had sent patches last year.
Maybe can I have a look with kernel 3.19,to see if it's still working fine ?

superior feature of ovs will be dpdk and vhost-user

https://software.intel.com/en-us/blogs/2015/06/09/building-vhost-user-for-ovs-today-using-dpdk-200