[pve-devel] Network configuration

Dietmar Maurer dietmar at proxmox.com
Wed Jul 22 17:17:58 CEST 2015

> What is your opinion to this suggestion?

Can we implement that reliable?

> Second. If the above is implemented then in my opinion using
> openvswitch is far superior to Linux Bridge/Bond and gives greater
> flexibility while at the same time is more logical and simple in use in
> which case I propose that the installer change default network
> configuration to use openvswitch in proxmox 4.0.
>
> What is your opinion to this suggestion?

I still prefer linux bridge, because it works without additional daemons.

Many feature are not implemented in OVS (multicast snooping/querier, connection
tracking,
limited bond modes, iptables, ...), so why is OVS far superior?

I would prefer to have missing bits implemented with linux bridge code.