[pve-devel] [PVE-User] backup : add pigz compressor

Wolfgang Bumiller w.bumiller at proxmox.com
Fri Jul 10 09:33:42 CEST 2015

> I would like to add an option, to backup to a temp storage (local ssd for example), then send the backup async (rsync for example),
> to the destination storage. (big slow storage)

Aren't there solutions to this already? INotify based sync daemons (or
even just a cronjob)?
Although if this was implemented in PVE there could be a status
message and a progress bar somewhere in the UI I suppose.
Maybe there's an acceptable already-packaged solution which has a nice
interface to get the status and/or start/pause the syncing.