[pve-devel] some finding avout minimum static memory when pc-dimm exists

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Sun Jan 25 18:44:03 CET 2015

>>Not sure if we really need 2TB with hotplug? I mean, if someone really starts
>>a VM with 2TB memory, he can also use fixed assigment for that. Most VMs will
>>use less than 2TB ;-)

(With my last patch, I fix the static memory to 512MB(or 1GB) if you want,
so all upper memory is dimm devices.

Note that 4TB is the physical limit for 64bits system. (and for qemu)

we can reach 4TB with a minimum dimm size of 512MB.

my $dimm_size = 512;
for (my $j = 0; $j < 8; $j++) {
    for (my $i = 0; $i < 32; $i++) {

That's seem ok for me. (I personnaly don't need to hotplug under 512MB )