[pve-devel] MySQL-Installation in Container / Debian-Wheezy - Problem openVZ

Detlef Bracker bracker at 1awww.com
Wed Jan 7 01:26:38 CET 2015

Dear,

their is a problem with installation mysql-server 5.5 on debian wheezy
in a proxmox container same as in openvz

Only this helps for the problem, but why?

This site give a workarround:
http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/152146/problems-installing-mysql-on-debian

>>The problem you are having is that the default configuration for newer versions of MySQL do not work
inside of an OpenVZ container. After the failure you can try
adding |innodb_use_native_aio = 0| to |/etc/mysql/my.cnf| and then
run |dpkg --configure -a|.
<<

I have many hours search for this solution. Before I get get every time
errors by the installation,
and I have found too in internet many admins with same problem, but only
in one site, I found this!

I have this problem only in debian wheezy 7.6 on AMD - with i386 never
before!

Regards

Detlef