[pve-devel] NUMIPTENT minimal 8 - by 18 get error

Dietmar Maurer dietmar at proxmox.com
Sat Jan 3 11:38:40 CET 2015

> I get an error by numiptent 18:18 when I start this container.
>
> Starting container ...
> Container is mounted
> Container start failed (try to check kernel messages, e.g. "dmesg | tail")
> Container is unmounted
> dmesg | tail
>
> Fatal resource shortage: numiptent, UB 294.
> CT: 294: stopped
> CT: 294: failed to start with err=-12
>
> When I set to 100, the container starts. Is the minimum 8 correct or is the
> minimum for numiptent higher?

AFAIK we do not set that value, so it is 'unlimited' by default.
Seems you manually changed it?

Form vzctl manpage:

   --numiptent num[:num]
              Number of iptables (netfilter) entries.  Setting the barrier and
the limit to different values does
              not make practical sense.

So I am not sure what you want to ask exactly?

I assume your container simply use more that 18 netfilter entries.