[pve-devel] [PVE-User] Memory and CPU Hotplug

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Fri Feb 20 12:57:01 CET 2015

I have test memory and cpu hotplug in a CentOS 7 VM.
>>Memory works fine, but I only can increase the total among of memory but not decrease.
Yes, hotplug only for now. unplug is coming in next qemu release

>>CPU, although I had enable NUMA, I was unable to change the number of cores.
>>Perhaps I misunderstood the behavior of hotplug features...
>>If this the case, please can someone help to understand this better??

cpu hotplug is not yet implemented in gui.

I have updated the wiki about how to do it:

https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Hotplug_%28qemu_disk,nic,cpu,memory%29

Alexandre Derumier
Ingénieur système et stockage

Fixe : 03 20 68 90 88
Fax : 03 20 68 90 81

45 Bvd du Général Leclerc 59100 Roubaix
12 rue Marivaux 75002 Paris

MonSiteEstLent.com - Blog dédié à la webperformance et la gestion de pics de trafic

I have test memory and cpu hotplug in a CentOS 7 VM.
Memory works fine, but I only can increase the total among of memory but not decrease.
CPU, although I had enable NUMA, I was unable to change the number of cores.
Perhaps I misunderstood the behavior of hotplug features...
If this the case, please can someone help to understand this better??
I also set Broadwell as a CPU type, which I do not know if this correct or not...
Thanks for any help

--

Gilberto Ferreira
(47) 9676-7530