[pve-devel] pve-kernel : ipmi_watchdog is missing in the blacklist

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Fri Dec 4 17:57:05 CET 2015

>>AFAIK that module is not auto-loaded, so there is no need to blacklist.

no, it's autoloaded. I can confirm it.

Dec 04 17:52:55 kvmtest1.odiso.net systemd-modules-load[228]: Module 'ipmi_watchdog' is blacklisted

>> BTW : how do you manage blacklist file name with kernel upgrade, with
>> "blacklist_${PACKAGE}.conf" ?
>
>What is the problem?

my question is, do you have 1 new blacklist file at each kernel upgrade ?
(if yes, I don't see delete of older blacklist files)

ls tmp/lib/modules/${KVNAME}/kernel/drivers/watchdog/|sed -e 's/^/blacklist /'
-e 's/.ko$$//'|sort -u > tmp/lib/modprobe.d/blacklist_${PACKAGE}.conf

> don't include it in the blacklist

AFAIK that module is not auto-loaded, so there is no need to blacklist.

> BTW : how do you manage blacklist file name with kernel upgrade, with
> "blacklist_${PACKAGE}.conf" ?

What is the problem?