[pve-devel] Blacklisting HP hardware watchdog timer module ?

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Fri Dec 4 09:34:53 CET 2015

>>But I do not really understand the why someone should disable the nmi_watchdog?

For HP watchdog, it's mandatory
https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/watchdog/hpwdt.txt

lyt_yudi has also reported crash with nmi_watchdog on his dell server when ipmi_watchdog is loaded.

And I have also seen a lof of bug report on the net with nmi_watchdog.

>From my point of view, nmi_watchdog is only usefull with softdog, so if you have hardware watchdog,
disable it can avoid problems.

> I have added a new hardware watchdog section in the wiki (was before in
> troubleshotting)
>
> https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/High_Availability_Cluster_4.x#Hardware_Watchdogs

Great! Thanks.

But I do not really understand the why someone should disable the nmi_watchdog?