[pve-devel] Blacklisting HP hardware watchdog timer module ?

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Thu Dec 3 11:33:18 CET 2015

I'll test this afternoon.

Also, maybe you could add a fallback to softdog, if the modprobe of defined watchdog module is not working ? (wrong module for example)

     if (stat(WATCHDOG_DEV, &fs) == -1) {
-        system("modprobe -q softdog"); // load softdog by default
+        char *wd_module = getenv("WATCHDOG_MODULE");
+        if (wd_module) {
+            char *cmd = NULL;
+            if ((asprintf(&cmd, "modprobe -q %s", wd_module) == -1)) {
+                perror("assemble modprobe command failed");
+                exit(EXIT_FAILURE);
+            system(cmd);
++           if (stat(WATCHDOG_DEV, &fs) == -1) {
++                system("modprobe -q softdog"); // fallback
+        } else {
+            system("modprobe -q softdog"); // load softdog by default
     }