[pve-devel] Blacklisting HP hardware watchdog timer module ?

Dietmar Maurer dietmar at proxmox.com
Thu Dec 3 10:07:19 CET 2015

> Dec 03 08:45:56 kvmtest1.odiso.net systemd-modules-load[229]: Module
> 'ipmi_watchdog' is blacklisted
> Dec 03 08:45:56 kvmtest1.odiso.net systemd-modules-load[229]: Module
> 'ipmi_watchdog' is blacklisted

sigh :-/

> I don't known how to manage that without removing the blacklist from
> pve-blacklist.conf,
> but I think it'll be overwrite at each kernel update ?

yes.

But manually loading the modules using 'modprobe' works. So maybe we
just configure the watchdog module in:

/etc/default/pve-watchdog:
WATCHDOG=ipmi_watchdog

and then load pass that to the watchdog-mux.service:

[Unit]
Description=Proxmox VE watchdog multiplexer

[Service]
EnvironmentFile=-/etc/default/pve-watchdog
ExecStart=/usr/sbin/watchdog-mux
OOMScoreAdjust=-1000
Restart=no