[pve-devel] Restore quickly by CLI a backup when i have different disks in destination

Eneko Lacunza elacunza at binovo.es
Fri Aug 21 09:18:33 CEST 2015

El 20/08/15 a las 17:48, Cesar Peschiera escribió:
> Hi to all
>
> Excuse me please if i do a question in the incorrect site, but i did a
> same
> question in different dates in the PVE forum, and no one has responded me
> (From June-28-2015).
>
> The question is: how restore quickly by CLI a backup of a VM when i have
> several virtual disks on the backup and in destination for restore?
>
> If anybody know the answer, please go to this link, read the detail, and
> answer me:
> http://forum.proxmox.com/threads/23300-By-CLI-restore-quickly-a-backup-when-i-have-different-disks-in-destination

I don't think this is possible with current vzrestore, as it only
accepts one storage parameter.

Looking in detail, "vma" command underneath vzrestore also seems to
extract all files in the archive to the same destination. If a version
allowing to extract each file independently existed, you could script a
solution... saved vm.conf does have original storage...

Cheers
Eneko

--
Zuzendari Teknikoa / Director Técnico