[pve-devel] use our own format for LXC containers

Dietmar Maurer dietmar at proxmox.com
Thu Aug 6 12:20:13 CEST 2015

Hi all,

we finally use our own format for lxc containers. The patch
touch most parts of the existing code, so it was quite large (sorry).
To test, you need to update the following packages from git:

pve-cluster
lxc
pve-container
pve-manager

We now store LXC configuration as normal files at:

/etc/pve/lxc/<vmid>.conf

Here is an example:

-----------------------
arch: amd64
cpulimit: 1
cpuunits: 1024
hostname: CT105
memory: 512
net0: name=eth0,hwaddr=0E:18:24:41:2C:43,bridge=vmbr0
ostype: debian
rootfs: subpool:subvol-105-rootfs,size=2
swap: 512

Please test and report bugs ;-)

Note: The new format is not compatible with the old one, so you will
loose existing containers when you update.

- Dietmar