[pve-devel] updated PVE 4.0 packages on pvetest

Emmanuel Kasper e.kasper at proxmox.com
Tue Aug 4 18:50:12 CEST 2015

On 08/04/2015 04:35 PM, Alexandre DERUMIER wrote:
>>> Maybe qemu-2.4 has introduced something which makes it incompatible with previous versions of qemu?
>
> Yes, maybe.
>
> do you have tried qemu 2.4 on top of 2.4 ?

I tried nested KVM virtualization with qemu 2.4, and "it works here"(TM)

host (real hardware, Haswell microarchitecture)
kvm --version
QEMU emulator version 2.3.93, Copyright (c) 2003-2008 Fabrice Bellard

uname -srm
Linux 4.1.3-1-pve x86_64

guest (pve v4.0 VM, with cpu type set to host)
grep --quiet vmx /proc/cpuinfo && echo found
found

uname -srm
Linux 4.1.3-1-pve x86_64

kvm --version
QEMU emulator version 2.3.93, Copyright (c) 2003-2008 Fabrice Bellard

I can start on the guest a Virtual windows machine.
I won't pass here the whole 'ps' output of the kvm process, it might
break a mail client or two, but everything is running as expected.

lg

Emmanuel