[pve-devel] ceph firefly in pve repos

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Mon Sep 8 12:28:10 CEST 2014

>>i know this is not a fault, but is there any way to prevent my systems
>>from udpating to firefly packages from pve repo?

maybe with something like /etc/apt/preference.d/ceph:

Package: *
Pin:release o=Inktank,a=stable,n=wheezy,c=main
Pin-Priority: 1002

>>2.) librbd1 of firefly is 10-20% slower than the one from dumpling (0.67)

are you sure that client with librbd1 firefly --> dumpling cluster
 is slower than
    client with librbd1 dumpling --> dumpling cluster

?

i know this is not a fault, but is there any way to prevent my systems
from udpating to firefly packages from pve repo?

1.) it's still not supported by inktank/redhat
2.) librbd1 of firefly is 10-20% slower than the one from dumpling (0.67)

Greets,
Stefan