[pve-devel] qemu-server : implement pending changes v2

Daniel Hunsaker danhunsaker at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 01:37:55 CET 2014

The pending changes are added to the configuration file, so the changes
would likely be migrated, but they wouldn't be applied until the normal
process for applying them is performed.  The benefit here is that they
aren't immediately applied to the VM's settings, the way they are without
this patch.  Basically, this change makes it so you can change anything you
want, and the VM will live-migrate cleanly between systems.  The changes
will then be committed at whatever point you apply them, be it via
restarting the VM or otherwise.  Suddenly it's safe to change any setting
you like on a VM under HA, which is very useful.