[pve-devel] Add functionalities

Serge NOEL serge.noel2008 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 15:37:02 CEST 2014

Hello,

we plan to add some functionnalities to qm command :

  will act seamlessly as move disk, but won't change active disk at the end
  will allow to change disk used by Proxmox

Our needs :

We have 3 Proxmox servers, that share a unique SAN Lvm volume thru iSCSI
IBM DS3300.

In case of NAS system failure, we don't want to wait for restore... So we
plan to prediodicaly copy VM disks to a NAS volume. (qm copy_disk)
When a failure occurs, we have just to change disk, for the copy (qm
change_disk).

We plan also to make this behaviour available from Web interface (as
schedule backup).

We will use Developer Documentation and publish it when available.

Please let us know if something similar already exist, or you are in plan
to deliver it. We want to push it as standard feature of Proxmox.

Best regards
Serge NOEL