[pve-devel] Error in PVE with win2008r2 and 256GB RAM

Cesar Peschiera brain at click.com.py
Sun Nov 30 06:14:24 CET 2014

I am testing startup and power off the VM frequently (some minutes between
these actions).

Moreover, i manually have resized the page file of Windows Server to 10 GB,
and configured with 62 GB. RAM (63488 MB. RAM), now i can see that the
Windows Server start with 100% of CPU, and after of two minutes more or
less, the processor returns to a normal state.

Here comes the important thing of side of PVE:
In paralel to this strange behavior, htop is showing that the use of the
memory is growing in each second that elapses, and when his memory bar say
that have used "63964/257912MB", the consumption of processor of this VM
returns to normal state.

As a second test, after of see all these behaviours, I log to Windows
Server, and htop show me a high consumption of many threads of processors
(+/- 50%), but after that the session was initiated, the consumption of
processors returns to normal state.

Maybe KVM or PVE have problems for manage lots RAM memory with numa enabled
in the bios of the Server, but in am not sure.

Any suggestions?