[pve-devel] Error between PVE and LVM

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Fri Nov 28 06:11:39 CET 2014

>>But for this moment, i have two questions:
>>1) Do I have any simpler option to grow my LV(that is the HDD of the VM) by
>>CLI?
>>2) If the answer is correct, what exactly should i execute?

all the gui feature are available with cli, with "qm" command.

#man qm

          Extend volume size.

          <vmid>     integer (1 - N)

                    The (unique) ID of the VM.

          <disk>     (ide0 | ide1 | ide2 | ide3 | sata0 | sata1 | sata2 | sata3 |
                    sata4 | sata5 | scsi0 | scsi1 | scsi10 | scsi11 | scsi12 |
                    scsi13 | scsi2 | scsi3 | scsi4 | scsi5 | scsi6 | scsi7 | scsi8
                    | scsi9 | virtio0 | virtio1 | virtio10 | virtio11 | virtio12 |
                    virtio13 | virtio14 | virtio15 | virtio2 | virtio3 | virtio4 |
                    virtio5 | virtio6 | virtio7 | virtio8 | virtio9)

                    The disk you want to resize.

          <size>     \+?\d+(\.\d+)?[KMGT]?

                    The new size. With the '+' sign the value is added to the
                    actual size of the volume and without it, the value is taken
                    as an absolute one. Shrinking disk size is not supported.

          -digest    string

                    Prevent changes if current configuration file has different
                    SHA1 digest. This can be used to prevent concurrent
                    modifications.

          -skiplock  boolean

                    Ignore locks - only root is allowed to use this option.