[pve-devel] Default cache mode for VM hard drives

Cesar Peschiera brain at click.com.py
Wed Nov 19 07:08:44 CET 2014

> If disk don't have cache setting && storage have cache-mode setting, use
> storage cache-mode
>
> else if  disk don't have cache setting && storage don't have cache-mode
> setting, cache = none
>
> else if disk have cache setting, use it

Hi

A question:

What if I want to have a storage cache enabled or disabled according to my
preferences for use with multiple virtual disks?

For example, in a same VM:
- The first disk is for the OS (cache isn't necessary, a bit of write is
performed)
- The second disk is for the data base (cache will be very important)
- The third disk is for the log of the data base (cache will be very
important)
- The fourth disk is for backups of data base (cache isn't necessary)

Best regards
Cesar