[pve-devel] Default cache mode for VM hard drives

Cesar Peschiera brain at click.com.py
Wed Nov 19 04:54:35 CET 2014

>And DRBD can't catch this until integrity-alg not enabled. When enabled -
>we get split brain for each occurrence for master-master or just secondary
>reconnection for master-slave mode.

>Best regards,
>Stanislav

Hi Stanislav

I believe that you are thinking mistakenly.

I was talking with Lars Ellenberg two years ago (more or less) about of the
option: "data-integrity-alg", and he says that such option is only for
purposes of tests, due to that the upper layers modify the network packets
and finally DRBD believe that here we have something wrong with the
verification and cuts the communication, so "data-integrity-alg" should not
be used in production environments.

Moreover, i use DRBD since many years ago and without problems, in my case i
have configured DRBD without network verifications and without a password in
the "shared-secret" for get more speed (i use bonding balance-rr
NIC-to-NIC), also i have created a script that compare my DRBD storages each
week with the directive "verify-alg sha1" (that is different to the
directive "data-integrity-alg"), and these scheduled tasks of compare DRBD
storages always gave me excellent results.