[pve-devel] zfs plugin improvements

Adrian Costin adrian.costin at gmail.com
Mon May 5 19:56:32 CEST 2014

Hi,

I would like to make the following improvements to the zfs plugin. I
would appreciate any comments:

1. add a parameter to storage.cfg called sparse which would create
sparse zvols if set to true. This can default to false for
compatibility with the current version

2. add SRP support.

I was thinking SRP could be added as a separate iscsiprovider even
though the protocol is not actually iSCSI.

SRP is SCSI RDMA Protocol which is supported by Infiniband hardware
(and some 10G Ethernet adapters). We're currently running an
Infiniband network for storage and using iSCSI over IP over Infiniband
which degrades performance. I've tested SRP on our network and it has
at least 100% improvement over the current solution.

Best regards,
Adrian Costin