[pve-devel] zfs plugin: creating 2 disks

Michael Rasmussen mir at datanom.net
Sat May 3 21:23:23 CEST 2014

On Sat, 3 May 2014 21:58:43 +0300
Adrian Costin <adrian.costin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Small bug when creating a second disk for the same VM on the same repo:
>
> command '/usr/bin/ssh -o 'BatchMode=yes' -i
> /etc/pve/priv/zfs/10.37.64.2_id_rsa root at 10.37.64.2 zfs create -s -b
> 64k -V 33554432k storage/kvm/vm-1476-disk-1' failed: exit code 1 (500)
>
> Basically it doesn't find that vm-1476-disk-1 already exists. Running
> the command manually gives:
>
> cannot create 'storage/kvm/vm-1476-disk-1': dataset already exists
>
> This seems to be related to the fact that I'm using:
>
> pool storage/kvm
>
> in storage.cfg. If I use just the pool name it correctly increments
> the ID, however I have need to keep all the images inside a secondary
> zfs.
Yes, seems to remember that nested pools are not supported. I will see
if I can find some time to look into this. I should think you could
overcome this missing feature by creating a target which points
directly to the nested pool. Purely speculating since I haven't tested
this.

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
mir <at> miras <dot> org
/usr/games/fortune -es says:
paranoia, n.:
	A healthy understanding of the way the universe works.