[pve-devel] win8r2 virtio net problems

Daniel Hunsaker danhunsaker at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 05:50:18 CEST 2014

Ultimately, the Windows network stack is pretty terrible.  You'll get some
improvements from tweaking things (and it would be nice to have those
tweaks applied automatically wherever possible), but it'll never be near as
efficient as a Linux or BSD guest.  Microsoft hasn't done much with it
since they adapted it (poorly) from BSD's back around the time of NT4 (or
earlier), aside from fixing a few of the more major bugs.  Personally, I'd
avoid using Windows servers for anything network-heavy, whenever possible.