[pve-devel] pve-firewall : add support to suricata ips with NFQUEUE target

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Fri Mar 14 03:55:13 CET 2014

Hi,

I have secret plan to integrate suricata ips at the proxmox host level.
(I have critical vms, and customers require an ips sometime)

ips can use a lot of cpu, and be able to enable it on specific vms, could be worderfull.

They are a lot of information here
https://home.regit.org/2011/01/building-a-suricata-compliant-ruleset/

This can be done with netfilter target -J NFQUEUE

example: -j NFQUEUE --queue-balance 0:1

The main difficulty is that NFQUEUE is an ending target,
so I think the only way (when also using netfilter firewall rules) is to replace -J ACCEPT with -j NFQUEUE.

I would like to add an option in vmid.fw : enable_ips: 1

then replace the -J ACCEPT with -J NFQUEUE ....

What do you think about it ?