[pve-devel] pvefw: using ctmark to associacte connections to VMs

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Sun Mar 2 17:51:11 CET 2014

>>What is the disadvantage having that as default?

Well, the default value is quite low (if I remember 64000).
And in the past, I have had packets drop (when netfilter conntrack was enabled on bridges in kernel)

because this really track all connections, also not yet established (like a syn flood, and you can easily filled the table).

I don't known if we can setup a really high value by default ?

Also, it's seem that another option must be tune,

/etc/modprobe.conf:

options ip_conntrack hashsize=32768

I need to read a little more about it