[pve-devel] configure qemu vm args with api interface

Christian Fröstl christian.froestl at nubon.com
Thu Jun 26 09:33:43 CEST 2014

Hi there,

I am writing an ruby application for automatically deploy new virtual machines if needed.
We are using spacewalk in our environment for repository management, and therefore we need to add a customer uuid in each vm.conf as argument.
I found the possibility in the api documentation to change the args parameters by using  /api2/json/nodes/{node}/qemu/{vmid}/config.
But I already get an exception, that only root can change args. I don't like to run my program with root privileges to change the config of one vm.

Net::HTTPFatalError - 500 "only root can set 'args' config"

Is there any possibility to change the args with an other user account?

Thanks for help,

Christian