[pve-devel] Request for kernel module

Michael Rasmussen mir at datanom.net
Sat Jun 21 19:19:26 CEST 2014

On Sat, 21 Jun 2014 16:47:02 +0000
Dietmar Maurer <dietmar at proxmox.com> wrote:

> I am quite sure nobody else will ever use that driver, so I would suggest that you compile
> the kernel yourself. Or update your tape drive? I was not aware that there are still DDS2
> drives around.

Well, you know, if it works don't break it;-)
DDS-2 allows 8 GB of compressed data which is sufficient for my needs
since I only backup what is customized (full backup once a week an
incremental 6 days a week. Retension for tapes is 1 month).
Bacula works like a charm.

The rest can be handled by using the install image.

> It would not be much work for me, but I am concerned about other people want me to include
> other modules ...

I understand your concern.

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
mir <at> miras <dot> org
/usr/games/fortune -es says:
In Devon, Connecticut, it is unlawful to walk backwards after sunset.