[pve-devel] cluster FW seperated from vm fw?

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Wed Jun 18 16:04:27 CEST 2014

>>Is there any reason to enable a VM firewall just by checking the box at
>>the interface and ignore the cluster fw setting?

you can have a cluster.fw with only

"
[OPTIONS]

# enable firewall (cluster wide setting, default is disabled)
enable: 1

# default policy for host rules
policy_in: DROP
policy_out: ACCEPT
"

(aliases|ipset|group  are defined, to be reused in vmid.fw rules, if you want, but it's optionnal)

and to disable host firewall (iptables input|ouput filter)

# /etc/pve/local/host.fw
[OPTIONS]
enable: 0

should be enough to disable host.fw