[pve-devel] PVE Firewall

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Mon Jun 16 09:57:57 CEST 2014

>>- Network card base checkbox
>>
>>Why do we need the VM based checkbox if we already have that for each nic?

I think we could remove the enable|disable firewall option, for qemu and openvz veth.
(we retrieve net->firewall in firewall rules generation, so no problem here)

the code is:

    foreach my $vmid (keys %{$vmdata->{qemu}}) {
        eval {
            my $conf = $vmdata->{qemu}->{$vmid};
            my $vmfw_conf = $vmfw_configs->{$vmid};
            return if !$vmfw_conf;
            return if !$vmfw_conf->{options}->{enable};   >> skip if vm firewall is disable

            generate_ipset_chains($ipset_ruleset, $cluster_conf, $vmfw_conf);

            foreach my $netid (keys %$conf) {
                next if $netid !~ m/^net(\d+)$/;
                my $net = PVE::QemuServer::parse_net($conf->{$netid});
                next if !$net->{firewall};   >> skip is net firewall is disable

but for openvz venet, we need to have an option somewhere.