[pve-devel] Execute monitor command from remote?

Dietmar Maurer dietmar at proxmox.com
Mon Jun 2 17:51:42 CEST 2014

> >> But it does not in qemu. It's an enum in the code supporting only one
> >> way. I can't change it.
> >
> > What is the problem exactly?
>
> Qemu does not support multiple author at once. It only supports changing auth
> type with monitor command that's what i'm using.

Also, It seems quite easy to support multiple auth. The server just needs to send all supported auth
modes in

 ui/vnc.c method protocol_version()

something like:

   } else {
        VNC_DEBUG("Telling client we support auth %d\n", vs->auth);
        vnc_write_u8(vs, 2); /* num auth */
        vnc_write_u8(vs, vs->auth);
        vnc_write_u8(vs, VNC_AUTH_VNC);
        vnc_read_when(vs, protocol_client_auth, 1);
        vnc_flush(vs);
    }

requires further modifications in protocol_client_auth() ...