[pve-devel] dhcp server

Michael Rasmussen mir at datanom.net
Sat Jul 26 11:20:56 CEST 2014

On Sat, 26 Jul 2014 08:46:38 +0200 (CEST)
Alexandre DERUMIER <aderumier at odiso.com> wrote:

> >>Is DHCPv6 really in use? I thought everybody will use IPv6 Neighbor
> >>Discovery.
>
> I think dhcpv6 can assign hostname,dns servers to guest, but not neighbor discovery ?
>

> (I don't use ipv6 currently, but it's planned for 2015-2016, as our ipv4 /20 will be full soon)
>

> I found some intestesting openstack slides:
>
> http://fr.slideshare.net/shixiongshang1/openstack-havana-over-ipv6

Seems that openstack will start with ND and SLAAC only for a the next
major release. The slides mentioned Icehouse release and studying the
Icehouse release notes you will find no mentioning of IPv6. So I guess
IPv6 didn't make it in Icehouse after all.

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
mir <at> miras <dot> org
/usr/games/fortune -es says:
[Babe] Ruth made a big mistake when he gave up pitching.
		-- Tris Speaker, 1921