[pve-devel] DHCP server

Michael Rasmussen mir at datanom.net
Sun Jul 20 15:13:18 CEST 2014

On Sun, 20 Jul 2014 15:04:29 +0200 (CEST)
Alexandre DERUMIER <aderumier at odiso.com> wrote:

> Hi, Isn't it possible to filter dhcp request with iptables, on the host outside interface ?
>
> Like this, each host have a dhcp server which respond only to vms hosted on the host.

It should not be necessary since each host knows the MAC for each VM
running on the host and because the discover request will contain the
MAC of the client we can filter on MAC in the DHCP server. This way
only the host hosting the client will respond to the DHCP request.

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
mir <at> miras <dot> org
/usr/games/fortune -es says:
Time is but the stream I go a-fishing in.
		-- Henry David Thoreau