[pve-devel] Proxmox VE Ceph Server released (beta)

Michael Rasmussen mir at datanom.net
Fri Jan 24 18:19:26 CET 2014

On Fri, 24 Jan 2014 16:53:14 +0000
Dietmar Maurer <dietmar at proxmox.com> wrote:

> > Do you have any performance measures which displays what influence running
> > Ceph on the pve nodes has on pve itself?
>
> Running OSDs needs some CPU and memory. So that depends mainly on
> the number of OSDs, and how fast they are.

So the impact on the existing pve-cluster will rice as the number of
OSDs increase. Are we talking linear or exponential impact?

Is there some rules to the amount of RAM that should be dedicated?
Is this an absolute number or will that also depend on the number of
disks?

I see from Martin's notes that you use Seagate Constellation 4TB. Have
you any experience with WD Red WD40EFRX 4 TB which seems to be
available for half the price?

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
mir <at> miras <dot> org
/usr/games/fortune -es says:
Whenever anyone says, "theoretically," they really mean, "not really."
		-- Dave Parnas