[pve-devel] gluster patch

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Wed Jan 8 03:56:39 CET 2014

>>I think I may have found a solution. Its shockingly simple. Theres a line that reads:
>>push @$cmd, '-o', 'preallocation=metadata' if $fmt eq 'qcow2';

Sure,

but I would like to get it working with preallocation=metadatas ;)  (performance is better)

I have done test, on my test cluster (3 servers with simple raid1 with baterry cache),
 it take around 10s to create a 500GB qcow2 file with preallocate metadatas.

it take 0,5s to create 500qcow2 without preallocate.

(But I have tested with qemu 1.7)

Do you have problem only on backup restore ? or also when you create a new disk ?

I think I may have found a solution. Its shockingly simple. Theres a line that reads:

push @$cmd, '-o', 'preallocation=metadata' if $fmt eq 'qcow2';

I changed it to:

# push @$cmd, '-o', 'preallocation=metadata' if $fmt eq 'qcow2';

And it seems to have worked for VM creation. the qcow2 image it made is 194KB. I'm going to try to boot/install to it. I'll letcha know what I find.

Sam